CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Revolution Called Hope



So, I met the most amazing women at BlogHer '08. One of them is a tiny little powerhouse named Square Girl who had a dream about spreading hope throughout the land. Her dream has grown and I would like to propogate it some more right here!

Here's the deal...

One day, she just decides to start leaving notes... everywhere... random places... What did the notes say? Oh just sweet little things like "Go slowly and enjoy the journey" or "Believe in your own happiness" or, my favorite, "No one can take the place of you." Now picture your worst day in the last month. One of those days that you just wanted to throw something. Or yell. Or DID throw something WHILE you were yelling. Now pretend you found one of these notes on your windshield right as you were ready to give up on your day getting any better. God, can you imagine the impact a simple note might have had? How much nicer might you have been to the teller, or the barista, or your kids?

I've listed a few suggested notes in my latest poll. Pick your favorite. But don't stop there. Write it down on a slip of paper. A simple 4x4 piece of paper. Then, go against all your feelings of doubt and put it somewhere for someone to find. Leave the rest up to love.

I hope you have a great week and I hope you spread the hope.

(The picture above belongs to a lovely woman named Stephanie. You can find her at Little Purple Cow Photography.)

14 comments:

KingdomWriter said...

Hey Sugar baby, that was very nice with the little notes, although mine would say things like 'God loves you, He really does' and stuff like that. Anyway, saw ur comment on other blog about twitter. Do you twitter? How on earth do you have time was my question? Between blogs and 43things, youtube and Godtub I don't get anything done that I am supposed to! Help!(I know, loose the internet cord, right?)

Suzanne said...

I love this idea. I will try it myself...i think I will enjoy it really...kind of like a secret society of fairies dropping little notes around...
Nice.
Love your blog...you are adorable.
If you don't like the description adorable...you can fill in the blank....
That Sugar Jones, she is just so freaking _________. People will write about her...they will question her...they will contemplate her.
take care,
Suz

KingdomWriter said...

Oh you broke twitter? Haha, thats funny! You naughty girl...
Glad to hear God working in your life, I love hearing testimonies of that. Saw a vid on Godtube.com last night, their weekly top ten no 1 - cardboard testimonies. Worthwhile checking out, I found my one in there, a few actually. And was moved, and cried.
Also, thanks for the comment on my post, I do think you are so right about our parents and what a difference it would have made if they blogged about us!

HWHL said...

Hmmm.... methinks I like this idea with the anonymous hope-filled notes. I think I will have to start doing this.

Maybe if we all do it, it will become a phenomenon! They'll talk about it on the Today Show (I can see Matt Lauer now....)

Very cool idea!

The Girl Next Door said...

what a cool idea! I love it. Will try it. I'm a big fan of spreading the love/hope.

Unknown said...

I got that song in my head! Yep, the one I sing quite often in odd situations!


"I believe in miracles!!!!!"


yeah, and then it goes on...


"you sexy thing!"

Anonymous said...

hey mizz shoog...it's tre....we chatted a bit on the stairs after the macy's par-tay...before your sis came...love that you started a blog for these good ideas. i'll subscribe...appreciated much your summary blog of blogher too...and the one after that...pace with your heart.....keep it still....be in the moment...you already do that soo soo well..hugs and hope to keep in touch, tre evolveserenity@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

That is TOO cool girl!

I *hope* to try it!

=) Bella

Sugar Jones said...

What, no frolicking yet?

Unknown said...

I was SO close to putting frolicking!!! My mouse was over it before Ichanged my mind at the last minute!

Anonymous said...

I helped my son's first grade class create a collection of hope notes and then I scattered them throughout the classrooms at school just before the summer. It was such a great experience and I was truly moved by the phrases the children created and shared.

Krystyn is an amazing woman. Thanks for spreading the hope.

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

This is a beautiful idea. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for dropping by my blog.

Vodka Mom said...

I ADORE the hope note- and today will post my own notes. Laugh, laugh, laugh. (I can laugh today, because Sassy is away for a week with her grammy!)

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm all warm fuzzies reading this! I never, never expected this to go beyond that first week.This positive energy keeps growing!

I'm so glad to have met you, Sugar. The words you spoke in the panel, and later when we ran into each other on the stairs, your honestly and transparency in that room full of strangers was moving. It helps to know when you're on a difficult journey, that you're not the only one who's been on that path.

Keep in touch, soulsister.