CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Procrastination

I know I said I'd have something last Friday. I kept thinking that if I wrote it and put a date to it, I would actually crawl out from under all of the other commitments in my life and manage a post. But there is a force greater than my best intentions. One I succumb to with aplomb...

Procrastination.

I was reading this article on MSN this morning and thought, okay... I have to put this up. Because if you're like me, you'll think it's funny. And if you're not... well, then you'll have a little more understanding... I hope.

Now, when I first saw the teaser to the article, I right away decided that I knew what kind of procrastinator I was. I thought for sure I was a 100% Dreamer Procrastinator. I mean, that just sounds so much more... dreamy. But in reading the other descriptions, I started to think that I might be a little bit of all of them.

What kind of Procrastinator are you? Check out that MSN article for the definitions. then click on the poll on the side. I'm curious to see how many dreamers, prefectionists, and other types are visiting here in my little cafe. And don't pretend you're not at least a little bit of a procrastinator. Aren't you reading this blog instead of getting back to that client or folding the laundry? ;)

As far as that little giveaway? It's going to have to wait until I get back from Oregon. What the heck am I doing in Oregon?

Dreaming...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am a perfectionist, mixed with a dreamer, mixed with an overdoer!!!

At least that's what my mind is telling me.

I can't believe I missed the Language Arts poll!!! It's the best subject after Humanities!!!


Whahoooooo

jess said...

got here via twitter...i'm mostly an overdoer, but i'm also a worrier and a perfectionist. i'm a procrastinating mutt is what i'm trying to say. if i can't do it well, i won't do it at all. but then i worry that i don't have time to get it done. or that i'll do it wrong. and on top of it all? i can't say no. i work full-time, but that didn't stop me from saying yes to be on the PTA board, to be my son's soccer team manager (NOT the coach...) and help with the girls' carpool for dance lessons. what about me?????

Anonymous said...

I bought this book "How to Stop Procrastinating" but the sad thing is well, as you can figure it out, I kept putting it off. No I lied I never bought one, I am sure there is no such thing, maybe one day I'll do write one on how to procrastinate... ha.

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I'm a fan of procrastination -- look how long it took me to visit your blog. I'm good at it! But seriously, I think it gets a bad rap.

Anonymous said...

That's pretty interesting! I'm more along the lines of the perfectionist/worrier. What a combination!

=)Bella