CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

And Gosh Darn It, I Like Myself!

Do you remember the old Saturday Night Live skit? It was pretty funny, but it left a lot of people thinking that liking yourself (Gosh Darnit) was for the goofy and lame.

I tend to get down on myself sometimes, but then I realize that I'm okay. Claudia Jean, the Queen of Self Esteem sends me an email each week called Poz Bod Talk (as in, positive body talk). One thing that struck me this week was being kind to yourself for thinking that you are anything less than glorious. So I did what she said and I posted a sticky on my computer that says, "I forgive you." When I start to criticize myself in body or mind, I look up at that sticky and say, "Sugar, I forgive you... you sweet thing, you!"

So if you've been hard on yourself anytime in the last few weeks, days, or possibly hours, say, "I forgive you." To fill that void, why don't you pick a part... a part of yourself that is the best of you. There's a poll to the side with some positive attributes. You likely have more than one, but for the sake of the poll, what's your best-best?

Any sage words for the rest of us? Post a comment below.

And have a MAGNIFICENT day!

...

6 comments:

Sugar Jones said...

Wow... so far the eyes have it! Well, they ARE the mirror to the sould, aren't they?

The Girl Next Door said...

Hey Sugar - thanks for stopping by! I envy you that you and your ex get along. Mine hates me (see my first post about the Twilight Zone that explains my blog). We said we wouldn't, but he woke up one day and decided he hated me. what's a girl to do? MOVE ON oh and start a blog. I love what i'm reading on yours - and I did vote!!

PLease come back and visit again!

Unknown said...

Yes, again, on my way to blog about this exact thing...almost, except I am giving all my ideas away on your blogs, but that's ok, they need to be heard twice.

Basically, you are who you believe you are. You have the right to feel beautiful and accept it. But, you can only perceive the beauty that lives outside you when you feel the beauty that lives inside of you.

Sugar Jones said...

D'Arcy: Great minds... ;)

Me said...

You know this is harder than it seems because we are typically by nature so critical of ourselves. I remember reading something about this in the book The Secret. I guess a little positive affirmation goes a long way. I like this post. It makes you rethink your thinking!

I haven't taken the poll yet though. I will!

=)

KingdomWriter said...

Have you ever looked into a mirror and said 'I love you'? Not always as easy as it sounds, but you can add, 'I forgive you' as well. Say it to the person who needs it the most. I voted eyes as well!